- How do I check my email?
- How do I create/delete/modify email accounts?
- How do I change my email password?
- How do I migrate email accounts to Purplecat?
- How do I forward email to another account?
- How do I create a vacation / out-of-office auto-responder?
- How do I make the certificate warning go away when using secure mail?
How do I check my email?
Configure your mail client software (Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc) with the following:
IMAP server = imap.purplecat.net
POP3 server = pop.purplecat.net
SMTP server = smtp.purplecat.net
NOTE: SMTP server port must be set to 587, and SMTP server requires authentication (usually found in "advanced settings").
We recommend using an encrypted connection to check mail: to do so, choose SSL or TLS with any server options above.
The username is your full email address. For example:
You will need to authenticate with the mail server before you can send mail. There is usually an option for "my SMTP server requires authentication" in your client, where you should also set the SMTP port to 587. If you are asked to select an authentication method, choose 'Plain', 'Password', or 'CRAM-MD5'.
You can also check your mail via the webmail interface at:
If you prefer the roundcube mail client to squirrel mail, you can use it as well:
Instructions for a variety of mail clients can be found here:
For IMAP connections in iOS, set the "IMAP Path Prefix" in Advanced Settings to "INBOX".