Purplecat is dedicated to providing superior quality, affordable web hosting to promote creative, informational, and enjoyable aspects of the modern information age.
Purplecat does not allow the use of its servers for unsolicited electronic mail (SPAM) or the hosting of adult oriented membership sites. Purplecat does not support any illegal, detrimental, or otherwise shady activity. Insecure Content Management System (CMS) codebase or plugins are not permitted and will be configured to auto update or removed. Starting in 2016, to further insure the smooth operation of mail service, only individual mail accounts are permitted on our servers. All list orientd 'broadcast' style mail must be sent through third party services or dedicated mail services built for that purpose.
Purplecat reserves the right to review all content and request that some be removed, or to terminate hosting contracts, without refund, if an account is found to be in opposition of the mission statement above.
Termination of your hosting agreement must be made in writing 30 days before the end of the current billing period (annual quarter).
Whether managing your domain's registration or not, Purplecat Networks Inc. will never modify the listed Registrant (legal owner) of your domain without your written request.
Websites with overdue outstanding balances may be replaced by a purplecat.net banner page. Once suspended, a $25.00 reactivation fee will be added to the total amount due.
Purplecat reserves the right to modify these policies without notice.
Receipt of payment for hosting by Purplecat Networks Inc. signifies that you agree to the terms of our standard hosting agreement as applicable to your package level which will be automatically adjusted based on your site's usage trends.
Code of Ethics
Adopted from the IEEE Code of Ethics.
In recognition of the importance of our technologies in affecting the quality of life throughout the world, and in accepting a personal obligation to our profession, its members and the communities we serve, we do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree:
- to accept responsibility in making engineering decisions consistent with the safety, health and welfare of the public, and to disclose promptly factors that might endanger the public or the environment;
- to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and to disclose them to affected parties when they do exist;
- to be honest and realistic in stating claims or estimates based on available data;
- to reject bribery in all its forms;
- to improve the understanding of technology, its appropriate application, and potential consequences;
- to maintain and improve our technical competence and to undertake technological tasks for others only if qualified by training or experience, or after full disclosure of pertinent limitations;
- to seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of technical work, to acknowledge and correct errors, and to credit properly the contributions of others;
- to treat fairly all persons regardless of such factors as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, or national origin;
- to avoid injuring others, their property, reputation, or employment by false or malicious action;
- to assist colleagues and co-workers in their professional development and to support them in following this code of ethics.