How to transfer emails to cPanel mail account using Outlook
In order to transfer the emails from the current mail provider to cPanel, the following conditions must be met:
- You will need to create the e-mail accounts again in the cPanel environment. This is done through the cPanel >> Email Accounts interface. You will likely need all new passwords for your e-mail user accounts, since the security requirements in cPanel are more stringent than they were in the legacy system.
- Your current mail service should still be active.
- The main idea of this method is to setup two email accounts - with current and new mail provider, and then drag-n-drop existing emails to new email server.
- This guide contains step by step instructions of the process using the Outlook email client.
1. Setup the email account hosted on the old server
If you don’t have the email account setup already in your email client, follow the “How do I check my email?” support page for setup instructions. If it is already set, you can skip this step.
2. Setup the email account hosted on the new server
Now you should setup email account that you’ve created in cPanel.
NOTE 1: in order to be sure that correct server is configured we strongly recommend using hostnames as incoming outgoing servernames instead of mail.yourdomain.com subdomain.
NOTE 2: make sure email account hosted with us is setup using the following settings:
**BE SURE TO CHANGE example.com TO YOUR ACTUAL DOMAIN.**
Your DNS MX records will need be updated to the following: 10 example.com.
Once both accounts are set you should see them in your email client window. One of them should have all your existing emails (old email account) and the other one should be empty (new email account).
You are now ready for actual email transfer:
3. Email transfer from the old server to the new one
In order to transfer emails, select them in old account and drag-n-drop them to the new account folder:
Once all tasks are completed transfer is considered to be finished.
You can move single/multiple emails or even subfolders from one server to another at the same time.
We also recommend waiting for 24 hours after DNS records are changed to make sure the new emails are coming to new server. When all is good and setup properly, you can go ahead and remove the old account.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution